Last Revised: June 19, 2015
Welcome to Avi-on — the app that allows you to remotely control your lighting, HVAC, and other home systems from Avi-on Labs, LLC (“Avi-on,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
For more information about the Service, please see our FAQ page.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you directly give us. For example, we collect information about you when you sign up for our Service, send a command to your home system, give feedback about the Service, interact with us on social media, respond to a survey, enter a contest we hold, request customer service, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your email address, your mobile phone number, your billing information (including credit or debit card information), photographs, your social media “likes,” and any other information you choose to provide. For information as to how to restrict the collection of contact information, please see the “Your Choices” section below. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or certain features of the Service may be unavailable or work differently.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect certain information about you. This information includes:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the type of device you use, access times, location information, pages viewed, and the page you visited before navigating to our Service. We use this information for analytic and product improvement purposes.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. We use this information for analytic and product improvement purposes.
- Location Information: We collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use the Service. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory. Web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”) are non-visible electronic images. These technologies are used for analytic and product improvement purposes, such as seeing which areas and features of our Service are popular and determining whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, deliver, maintain, test and improve our Service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Avi-on and others, and provide news, ads and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service and improve and personalize the Service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent any suspected breaches of our Terms of Service [provide hyperlink to FAQ page]; and
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Connect you with other users in your contacts.
Storage of Information
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, but we cannot guarantee that our system is infallible.
Avi-on is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Avi-on or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Avi-on’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your web browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the Service. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Service.
Push Notifications and Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Avi-on by following the instructions in those communications or by changing your notification settings in the application’s settings menu. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
When you first launch the App, you will be asked to consent to our collection of location information. If you consent to our collection of location information, you may subsequently stop the collection of this location information at any time by pausing location tracking from within the application’s settings menu, or by changing the location preferences on your mobile device. However, if you stop the collection of this location information, certain features may not be available to you.
If you consent to our collection of location information and you do not subsequently stop the collection of this location information, the Service will continue to collect this location information.
If you consent to our collection of location information, subsequently stop the collection of this location information and later consent to the collection of this location information, the Service will resume the collection of location information.
You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove the App from your device.