Avi-on makes cloud-based & App-configured networked lighting controls that are Easy to Install, Easy to Use, and Easy to Change, and do so using Bluetooth Low Energy + Mesh, and a patented gateway-free architecture that dramatically reduces the complexity and cost of deploying networked lighting controls.
To apply for this position, please complete this candidate survey: https://forms.gle/3ksttUucPi31rG2c9
What you’ll be responsible for…
This role leads IOT platform development in partnership with other members of the technical team.
In this role, you will be:
- Working effectively in a collaborative and innovative team-oriented environment
- Responsible for hiring and growing the team
- Mentoring and managing performance of approximately 18 direct reports to facilitate career goals
- Organizing and managing timelines, which includes collaborating with software, hardware, mobile, and QA and development teams
- Actively contributing to code reviews, architecture decisions and process improvements
- Ensuring our fun and open culture is preserved
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who have:
- A software engineering background with a strong working knowledge of IOT product development
- Proven experience leading a team
- Passion for software, quality and working with people
- Strong self-management skills to be effective with minimal supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
The ideal candidate for this job should be independently motivated and ready to work hard to achieve results. As an industry leader, Avi-on is experiencing tremendous growth and continuously promotes talented, hardworking, and dedicated individuals.
- You have a professional presence, both online and in person, that allows you to build trust and nurture relationships.
- You have strong technical skills and can quickly master Avi-on Software and Hardware platforms, allowing you to discover and demonstrate value to prospective customers.
- You are a skilled listener and communicator, able to measure and manage temperament of installer, partner, and end customer. You have demonstrated skills in managing the dynamics of multi-stakeholder product development which are won on both relationship AND quality/trust in the proposed solution.
- You are detail oriented, and able to make calculated assumptions in the absence of complete information in order to still deliver an optimal result. You will capture assumptions and exceptions as a way of managing expectations and risk.
- You are hands-on, multi-tasking, collaborative and can successfully engage with cross-functional teams in a culture where colleagues pitch in to help each other succeed
- 10+ years of relevant experience developing IOT engineered systems for smart buildings, with specific experience in lighting a very strong plus. Other building systems (HVAC, Fire, Security, IT) or experience with utilities are relevant as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electronics, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Proven track record of release management of complex platforms in an agile environment
- Foster an environment of planning, documentation, and testing
- Proven track record of building and managing great technical teams
- Highly self-directed with solid time-management and organization skills.
- Ability to travel to Park City, Utah, and throughout North America at a frequency of 25 to 30% as business needs require.
Base and incentive compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ABOUT AVI-ON LABS
Avi-on Labs, Inc. was founded in 2014 and employs an industry leading product and solution deployment team committed to delivering lighting systems that are easy to use, install, and change. As a leader in deploying scalable Bluetooth®plus Mesh networks, our patented platform enables our ecosystem to deploy wholistic energy and color temperature management solutions with no need to rewire/add communication wiring, and no requirement for a central gateway or mandatory IT connection. The Avi-on platform has been deployed by fixture OEMs for commercial applications, and Avi-on underpins the Eaton/Cooper Halo Home residential control platform. Avi-on Commercial solutions are DLC Tier 3 listed, and our energy efficiency features fill the compliance gap created by California Title 24, Title 20, and ASHRAE 90.1 regulations. For more information, please visit:https://avi-on.site/
Avi-on may advertise this opportunity on multiple platforms with multiple job titles. Avi-on reserves the right to change the job description, title, and compensation based on the credentials and experience of the candidate as well as changes in company needs and requirements.