MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
- technical writing, 3 years (Preferred)
- marketing automation, 3 years (Preferred)
- Marketing Communications, 3 years (Preferred)
- B2B product marketing, 5 years (Preferred)
- lighting industry, 3 years (Preferred)
- lighting controls, 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Park City, UT (Preferred)
- Work authorization:
- United States (Preferred)
- Stock options
- Health savings account
- Disability insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
Full Job Description
Avi-on Bluetooth Lighting Controls provides competitive compensation and benefit packages with choices designed to meet our employees’ unique career and lifestyle needs. Benefits include comprehensive healthcare coverage, incentive compensation, and stock options, for qualifying employees. We have a beautiful office at the Jeremy Ranch exit in Park City, Utah, with mountain biking and hiking trails right outside our door.
Benefits highlights include:
- Competitive Salary, and 401(k)
- Stock Option Plan (for qualified full-time employees)
- Comprehensive Healthcare (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dental & Vision
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Paid Absence
Avi-on Bluetooth Lighting Controls power major commercial installations in the United States, plus the white label platform for Cooper Lighting’s Halo Home. Avi-on is the perfect place for people with owner/builder attitudes: the opportunity to own a specialized area and continually build it to match the growth of the company.
This role is an opportunity to own the day-to-day marketing operations for a rapidly growing, international product and technology company located in Park City, Utah. Your contribution and proficiency will enable our teams to make key strategic decisions that impact both Avi-on, and the lighting and controls industry.
This role is located at the Avi-on offices in Park City, Utah. Jeremy Ranch Exit on I-80, northwest of Park City, Utah. This is a full-time position with benefits that include paid time-off, sick leave, paid holidays, health and supplemental insurance, stock options, and 401(k). Compensation will be commensurate with experience. No relocation package is available. Some remote work is possible for a candidate who is able to prioritize their own tasks and deliver results with minimal supervision. Travel is likely.
This role will be advertised under several different titles and job descriptions in order to identify candidates using “database marketing techniques” that require us to match the text that you type into the search engine.
> TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, please complete the Candidate Survey Application here: https://forms.gle/wftLp3iTZdGrhwcA8
> PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR RESUME IS IN PDF FORMAT WHEN YOU UPLOAD. Do not upload Word Docs. Thank you.
Depending on the level of the person hired, this role manages and performs all of the following functions. You are both the person setting daily priorities AND touching the buttons to make it happen.
- Marketing Strategy: Contribute to the overall corporate marketing strategy using your industry expertise.
- Technical Sales and Marketing Content: From the website, to thought-leader publications, sales data sheets, proposals and demonstrations, you’ll devise content that drives growth for each product line and channel.
- Marketing Plans & Programs. Collaborate with Sales and Engineering/Product Management to establish tools required to support and promote new product launches. Conduct “VOCs” (voice of customer interviews) to understand customers’ needs and craft our story in accordingly.
- Partner Certification & Training. Develop, implement, and manage a Partner Certification Program by collaborating with Reps, Customers and internal teams (Customer Support and Sales) to develop a comprehensive internal and external training program.
- Technical product and channel storytelling: In the lighting industry, Avi-on products apply to many channels. However, our partners expect the technical messaging to be specific to the needs of their customers. You will spend time with partners and customers documenting their stories and strategically communicating them through creative content production. You will create application guides and similar tools that create trust and establish credibility for Avi-on solutions with both end users and the design/contracting community.
- Technical Product Documentation: You will master the products and create product documentation that helps our users help themselves.
- Channel & End Customer Campaigns: You will execute campaigns to deploy sales and marketing assets to the field to provide thought leadership, drive brand awareness, and create demand for Avi-on solutions
- Technical Customer Support. As part of the sales and marketing team, you may participate in providing select customer support before, during, and after the sale to ensure customer satisfaction, and to capture key insights to inform future efforts.
- Public Relations. Lead the company overall media relations and advertising programs. Execute impactful PR programs, establish key relationships with editorial and advertising staff, identify strategic opportunities for editorial, ad placements for both digital and print trade publications. Set-up interviews with key influencers and secure speaking opportunities to position key executives as Thought Leaders.
- Events and Demonstrations: You will organize and deliver trade show events including product demonstrations, represent Avi-on at conferences, and host product and thought-leader webinars for current and prospective customers.
- Competitive Intelligence: You will learn the market and ethically gather competitive intelligence to identify value propositions and inform content production.
- Online Reputation Management: You will be responsible for managing and maintaining high quality ratings on all platforms and outlets.
- You are knowledgeable about the energy efficiency industry, including regulatory requirements, wireless lighting control and building automation system technologies, and market drivers.
- You are an exceptional project manager and leader. You have a strong track record of delivering quality programs both on time and on budget. You can set-up and manage CRM and other project management/collaboration cloud-based platforms.
- You are hands-on, multi-tasking, collaborative and can successfully engage with cross-functional teams in a culture where colleagues pitch in to help each other succeed.
- You are a gifted technical writer with exceptional copywriting and storytelling skills.
- You can draft technical documents from scratch, verify technical specs without outside support, and take the entire document from concept to completion. This includes template and art direction that enables the product (tear sheet, video, Powerpoint, proposal) to be effective with its target audience.
- You are a self-starter and quick learner.
- You have a history of strong online content portfolio with evidence of positive audience response.
- You have a professional presence, both online and in person, that combines warmth, expertise and humor to build trust and nurture relationships.
- You have strong technical skills and can quickly master the platform, so you can discover and demonstrate value to prospective customers.
- You are an owner and a driver: you personally do the hands-on work, and deliver results on time and on budget.
- You have worked in technical product management, sales, and/or marketing at a lighting, lighting controls, and or lighting specifier company.
- You have both personal and professional interest and hands-on experience in lighting, wiring, electronics, and automation. (You can talk volts, amps, watts, loads, and resistors.)
- You have exceptional writing, proofreading, and content production skills, demonstrated by portfolio.
- Experience creating sales and marketing content for both B2B technical and B2C audiences.
- Experience supporting, demonstrating or conducting training or trade show presentations for businesses
- Strong understanding of B2B content marketing strategies, web content production, webinar hosting and production and nurture campaign development
- Experience representing products or businesses at professional conferences
- Experience creating software training and support materials
- 10+ years of leadership and related experience in a complex challenging environment
- Bachelor’s Degree. Electrical or Mechanical Engineeringand/or commensurate industry experience preferred.
- Advanced skills with marketing automation tools.
This role reports to the management team, and takes additional direction from the CTO and COO. The position is located at the company headquarters in Park City, Utah. Remote work is possible for someone who can organize their own time and deliver results without oversight. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and it will include a stock option plan.
This role reports to the senior member of the management team with additional direction from the CEO and COO.
Note: Please provide a cover letter and resume that illustrates both your writing abilities and your understanding of the lighting and/or lighting controls industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
Avi-on is following local health orders regarding COVID-19. As a technology company, we have plenty of productivity tools to enable you to work from home temporarily. As the crisis passes, we will expect you to be in the Park City office daily.
- technical writing: 3 years (Preferred)
- marketing automation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Marketing Communications: 3 years (Preferred)
- B2B product marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- lighting industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- lighting controls: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Park City, UT (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Other forms
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Hiring 1 candidate for this role