Regional Sales Manager — Lighting Controls
- Stock options
- Health savings account
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance401(k)
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Vision insurance
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
1) To apply, please click on the following link to complete the candidate survey: https://forms.gle/igGeP8cDGdCbp8Fo9
2) Please make sure your resume is in PDF format…do not submit Word Docs.
Read on to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Avi-on makes cloud-based & app-configured networked lighting controls that are Easy to Install, Easy to Use, and Easy to Change, and do so using Bluetooth Low Energy + Mesh, and a patented gateway-free architecture that dramatically reduces the complexity and cost of deploying networked lighting controls. Avi-on Commercial Solutions are promoted and sold through multiple channels, including Energy Service Companies (ESCOs), Territory-specific C&I Agents (calling on local MEP specifiers and distributors/contractors) and via fixture OEMs. We are seeking Sales Executives to drive the specification and sale of Avi-on Commercial Platform via these partners for networked lighting applications in office, manufacturing/warehouse, education, healthcare, multi-site retail, recreation, outdoor site & parking, and horticulture.
JOB DESCRIPTION What you’ll be responsible for…
- Lead Generation: Identifying possible partners (ESCOs and agents) in a region or nationally that have room on their line card to successfully represent Avi-on Lighting Controls for warehouses, manufacturers, schools, municipalities, hospitals, parking garages, and parking areas.
- Partner Management: Drive revenue objectives and foster scalable relationships that lead to recurring sales at healthy margins. Manage interactions between partners (especially with Fixture OEMs and ESCO/Agents), and look for synergies that create competitive advantage.
- Subject Matter Expert: Be a trusted “go-to” advisor on all technical aspects of the Avi-on platform, including the wireless hardware and the mobile & cloud software applications. Be able to engage multiple stakeholders (at their level) to discuss relevant details of solution, from the specifier to the installer to the facility manager, and IT if necessary.
- Project Coordination: Capture key project information for inter, including.project intent, site conditions, timing, sequence of operations, budgets, competition, etc.) for internal design and delivery teams
- Quick Quote/Estimates:Be able to do quick take offs and estimates of controls solution as a means of quickly responding to partners and qualifying opportunity with budgetary numbers. Internal applications engineers can support detailed quotation and submittals, but in order to be fast and responsive to customers, it is important for sales executives to be able to develop estimates/quotes as needed.
- Project/Funnel Tracking: Utilize Avi-on’s tailored Hubspot and G-Suite (Google Docs/Sheets) tools to track project opportunities (inclusive of anticipated product type/quantity) and relevant relationships.
- Marketing Enablement: Provide market expertise and ork with the product and marketing teams to create technical and qualitative content to enhance your sales efforts, and enable partners to do their own quotations and pre-sales support.
- Select Fixture OEM Support: Provide technical information and respond to product & project inquiries from fixture OEM partners.
- Conflict Resolution:Utilize commercial instincts, good judgement and applicable process to resolve issues or questions between partners, end users, etc..
- You have a professional presence, both online and in person, that allows you to build trust and nurture relationships.
- You have strong technical skills and can quickly master Avi-on Software and Hardware platforms, allowing you to discover and demonstrate value to prospective customers.
- You are a skilled listener and communicator, able to measure and manage temperament of installer, partner, and end customer. You have demonstrated skills in managing the dynamics of multi-stakeholder deals which are won on both relationship AND quality/trust in the proposed solution.
- You are detail oriented, and able to make calculated assumptions in the absence of complete information in order to still deliver an optimal result. You will capture assumptions and exceptions as a way of managing expectations and risk.
- You are hands-on, multi-tasking, collaborative and can successfully engage with cross-functional teams in a culture where colleagues pitch in to help each other succeed
- 5+ years of relevant experience developing engineered systems for smart buildings, with specific experience in lighting a very strong plus. Other building systems (HVAC, Fire, Security, IT) are relevant as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Proven track record of career advancement and high performance in consultative sales and/or sales channel management
- Competent in assessing customer needs, building relationships, and identifying sales opportunities. Highly self-directed with solid time-management and organization skills.
- Ability to travel in territory, to business conferences, to Park City (Utah), and throughout North America at a frequency of 50-75% as business needs require.
Base and incentive compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ABOUT AVI-ON LABS
Avi-on Labs, Inc. was founded in 2014 and employs an industry leading product and solution deployment team committed to delivering lighting systems that are easy to use, install, and change. As a leader in deploying scalable Bluetooth®plus Mesh networks, our patented platform enables our ecosystem to deploy wholistic energy and color temperature management solutions with no need to rewire/add communication wiring, and no requirement for a central gateway or mandatory IT connection. The Avi-on platform has been deployed fixture OEMs for commercial applications, and Avi-on underpins the Eaton/Cooper Halo Home residential control platform. Avi-on Commercial solutions are DLC Tier 3 listed, and our energy efficiency features fill the compliance gap created by California Title 24, Title 20, and ASHRAE 90.1 regulations. For more information, please visit:https://avi-on.site/
Avi-on may advertise this opportunity on multiple platforms with multiple job titles.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Job Type: Full-time
- controls industry: 5 year (Preferred)
- lighting industry: 5 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50 to 75% (Preferred)