You are going to love using Amazon Alexa with Avi-on,
and it will only take a minute to set up.
1) Set up your Avi-on account and add your devices . More info HERE.
2) Purchase an Avi-on Remote Access Bridge (RAB) from Avi-on.com.
3) Add your Avi-on RAB to your account and associate to your wifi router. Instructions HERE.
2) Create the device, group, and scene names in the Avi-on Account. These names will be linked with Alexa and will be the words she recognizes for all your devices and groups. Anytime you want to update or change the names, do so in the Avi-on app. The new names will be automatically syncronized within about 1 hour. If you want to test them immediately, just go to the Alexa app and rediscover your devices.
For the best Alexa experience try to follow these best practices:
3) Download the Alexa mobile application to your phone
4) Log into the Alexa app using your Amazon username and password (not Avi-on)
That’s it! Start using Alexa!
Note: You can change your device names at any time using the Avi-on App. They will automatically update in about 1 hour, or Re Discover your devices in the Alexa App to update immediately.
We recommend using Avi-on for setting up grouping and scenes, rather than the Alexa grouping function. This will improve the responsiveness of your commands and the lights will dim/on/off in a more coordinated way.